Friday, June 05, 2015

IT'S A GROOVY WORLD, ALFREDO!!! - ROUGH PAGE LAYOUTS 01!





The roughs above are colour thumbnail ideas for the inside page layouts of the book, including scribbled notes on the side. I just wanted to take a quick initial pass at the whole book, blocking out shapes and colors in an attempt to develop some kind of rhythm and flow for the story. I already knew I wanted a mix of very graphic elements and textural finishes, so I wanted to nail the graphic quality first.



I was also asked to work up a 'finished' sample spread from the book. This was to help the publishers visualize how the book would look and to get people excited about it. The two images above are a couple of rough ideas for that sample spread.

2 comments:

Andreas Schuster said...

Thanks for posting this! Super fun stuff!

Chris Garbutt said...

Thanks, Andreas!